Thursday, September 26, 2013

Home Sweet Home



I have finally reached my home in Hawassa. It is a beautiful little town of approximately 250,000 people right beside Lake Awassa. The differences between Hawassa and Addis Ababa  are immediately obvious. The pace is a bit slower, the air is a lot cleaner, and wildlife abounds. I have only been here for a little over a day and have seen monkeys, many large and small birds that I have yet to learn the name of, and a hippopotamus. You can see a picture of my home below. The community here is very friendly and last night I was out for dinner with a large group of new friends from all over the world (Ethiopia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, England, Korea, Japan, Canada etc). If my initial impressions are correct, I will be very happy here.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment