Sunday, September 22, 2013

A taste of Canada

I am currently in Addis Ababa going through the In-Country training with VSO. I will be heading to Hawassa on Wednesday. So far Ethiopia has proven to be incredibly friendly and fun. There are really incredible people here. I have been learning Amharic for the last few days and have made the commitment to be conversational by Canada Christmas. The Ethiopian people have a different calendar with 13 months and it is currently 2006 here. So, over the course of our 2013 year, I will be both 7 and 8 years younger than I am now and I can definitely feel it. There is a spring in my step that I haven't had since my early thirties. More interesting facts to come, but look what I found in Addis. It is nice to see a little bit of Canada here.

No comments:

Post a Comment