Sunday, November 10, 2013

Haile Resort

After 2 months in Hawassa, I felt that it was about time that I go down and look at the Haile Resort. I always tell people here that I am more happy in a tent in the bush than on a lawn chair by the pool, but as I sit here at the Haile writing this blog, I have to admit that it's pretty fantastic. The resort was opened by Haile Gebrselassie and is a really beautiful place as you can see from the photos below. The prices here are about double that of the local restaurants, but you pay more for the view.

Photo: Haile Resort, Hawassa, Ethiopia

Photo: Haile Front Entrance 

Photo: Haile Resort inside lounge


There are many nice hotels here in Hawassa, but I think the view from Haile is the best of all of them. They have done a great job with the gardens and landscaping as well and the birds have taken notice. A chorus of songbirds is always present when you are seated outside. Room rates are $73 for 2 people weekdays and $82 dollars on weekends or $82 and $91 for a lakeview (well worth the extra few dollars for the lakeview for sure). 

Photo: View of the lake from Haile


Photo: the pools overlooking the lake at the resort.


Photo: Me writing this blog at Haile




No comments:

Post a Comment